Siren Pedal Kayak Christchurch
SALE! $1,599! FREE PICK UP CHCH
ONLY ONE LEFT! (in Leaf Camo)
This is a pedal drive technology that has stood the test of time.
No batteries, no motor, no paddle. Like riding a bike, but you can go backwards! Just pedal in the reverse direction. When that monster Jack bites you can kick into reverse with explosive speed.
Pedaling is simply a better way to get about. Less tiring, and you can go quite a lot faster, and further. You can kick into reverse much faster, you can stay in one spot in a strong current fishing a hole a million times easier than with a paddle yak. And you’ve always got at least one hand free.
- 316cm long
- 86cm wide
- Naked weight: 32kg (includes rudder and all fittings; no seat, not paddle. Many retailers lie about kayak weight. We do not.)
WHAT YOU GET
- Siren Kayak
- ‘Astro’ Pedal unit (shaft and gears)
- Raised aluminium framed seat (adjustable to get perfect distance from pedals)
- SUPER STABILITY: 85cm wide, tri-hull construction creates very solid stability
- COMPACT: At 32kg and 316cm this kayak is not difficult to move around. Easy to ‘car-top’ for reasonably strong, injury-free person.
- PROVEN QUALITY: Gear-based pedal drive
- CUSTOMIZE: Drill boards on both sides for easy installation of accessories such as sounders, gopro mounts, etc.
- Three (3) flush-mount rod holders
- Hand rudder control – left hand side
- Two (2) drill boards to attach accessories
- plastic tray to cover opening for pedal unit
- space under seat for storage
- 8 inch round hatch behind seat
- storage well behind seat
- paddler keeper on right hand side
- Christchurch Warehouse Only.
- Delivery NZ-Wide (charges apply)
The unit comes with a 5 year warranty on the hull and a one year warranty on the pedal unit. After the one year warranty period if you needed a pedal unit we would supply it one replacement unit at a discount – $500. Proof of purchase required. This guarantee is void once ownership changes. Only applies to original owner who purchased the craft directly from Dream Kayaks Limited.
If you take care of your kayak it will last a long time. We’ve given you some advice below to help make sure you get years of enjoyment out of your kayak. Not following these instructions voids your warranty.
Essential Kayak Care
After each use:
- rinse the kayak with fresh water focusing on metal parts
- dry the kayak by wiping it down or leaving it in a well-ventilated dry spot for a few hours
Storing the kayak:
- keep it in the shade and out of direct sunlight
- keep storage temperatures less than 35 degrees celcius
- do not place other items that weigh more than 5kg in total on top of or resting against the kayak during storage (more than 12 hours).
- Never store the kayak on a trolley or cart
Transporting the kayak:
- Kayaks must be tied down firmly to the vehicle, but using powerful ratchet straps and over-tightening them can lead to kayak damage, especially in warmer weather conditions. Avoid this. We recommend cam-buckle straps rated to at least 200kg for tying down kayaks during transportation.
- When pulling a kayak using a kayak trolley or cart do not exceed the suggested load capacity of kayak trolley or cart shown on the product webpage.
- Be sure to set up trolleys or carts in the correct way as shown on the product webpage.
- Protect the kayak from hard edges, bumps, etc on roof racks, ute trays, etc, by laying down carpet, rubber, thick cardboard, or some other protective sheeting between the kayak and the hard edges or bumps.
- Remove the straps from the kayak after transportation is finished. Leaving the kayak tied down very firmly to the vehicle for extended periods can result in damage and disfiguration, especially in warmer weather. Avoid this.
- Do not drag the kayak over hard ground including but not limited to asphalt, rocks, gravel, concrete, rocky ground, etc.
- Do not drop the kayak
- Do not scrape the kayak on oysters, rocks, concrete or any sharp or hard objects
- Do not sit in or stand on the kayak unless it is on water deep enough that it isn’t touching ground.